Welcome to Yoga For Change!

I have signed up for Off the Mat, Into the World's 2009 Seva Challenge and have committed myself to raising $20,000 for organizations working to improve the health and education of women and children in Uganda. I have started this blog to share information on the organizations, spread the word of upcoming events and keep everyone posted on my progress towards the goal. If you are willing and able please donate now! And if you have any fundraising suggestions or would be interested in hosting an event to help spread awareness of the cause and my challenge please let me know. I know that with your support we can make a difference in thousands of lives. Thank you!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Charity Garage Sale

This past weekend I held a charity garage sale to raise money for the wonderful organizations that this Seva Challenge is benefitting. Wish I would've taken the pictures that I had planned to take, but was too busy to make it happen. It was a huge success! I plan to have another one in early October so if anyone has any items to donate for the sale please hold on to them for me!

As my journey continues to progress I am realizing that it is not just "my" challenge because it is not just "me" doing these different things to raise the money. The truth of the matter is that it has really turned into a group effort. I don't know what I would do without the support of my family and friends and if I do reach the goal it is only because I have so many amazing individuals behind me. So thank you to everyone that has been helping me in so many different ways!! I certainly couldn't do all of this by myself and am so blessed to have such a wonderful team!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad it was a success. Next time take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise to take pictures next time! So glad you did so well last weekend. The next one I bet will be even better! Hope you saved our awesome signs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the signs got tossed! Oh well - maybe we can find some "non-toxic" markers for the next ones... ha!

    ReplyDelete