Welcome to Yoga For Change!

I have signed up for Off the Mat, Into the World's 2009 Seva Challenge and have committed myself to raising $20,000 for organizations working to improve the health and education of women and children in Uganda. I have started this blog to share information on the organizations, spread the word of upcoming events and keep everyone posted on my progress towards the goal. If you are willing and able please donate now! And if you have any fundraising suggestions or would be interested in hosting an event to help spread awareness of the cause and my challenge please let me know. I know that with your support we can make a difference in thousands of lives. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Challenge

I have taken on the challenge to raise $20,000 for the people of Uganda. I am getting involved a little late in the game, am a bit overwhelmed, but am optimistic that this goal can be reached! With the help of all of you of course! This is an opportunity to make a difference and get involved with an organization that I truly believe in; Off the Mat, Into the World. I am so excited that I stumbled across this organization and learned about the Seva challenge - I don't think it was coincidence. I feel very strongly about offering my love, support and resources to those less fortunate and have also been getting more and more involved in yoga so it seems a natural crossroad. We all get so involved in our own lives that it is rare to step outside the boxes we live in and acknowledge the suffering being felt by millions of people in different areas of our world. And to not only acknowledge it but to be able to do something about it. This is such an opportunity! We will be working with a few different organizations (see below for details on each) and what really speaks to me and called me to action is the work we will be doing for the children of Uganda.

When I reach the 20k mark I will be amazingly blessed with a trip to Uganda to meet and work closely with the people whose lives we are changing as well as the other participants and leaders of the Seva Challenge. I believe that this will be a life changing experience. And I do believe it is an opportunity for everyone involved - especially those of you making donations. Every single penny will be accounted for and put to good use and every donation makes such a difference. Nothing is too small! Please check back for information on upcoming events and to keep tabs on my progress towards reaching my goal. Thank you so much for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Lan! Fabulous. I am really excited about this and will spread the word around my network and on my blog. These are all things I feel passionate about, and I will support you as best I can!

    ReplyDelete